Translate


The Royal British Legion website link

The Royal British Legion website link
Please click on the image

Please Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 28 June 2020

Lost and Renewed Skills of the 21st Century. 

Lost and Renewed Skills of the 21st Century. 

Is a Facebook Page that I set up Lost and Renewed Skills of the 21st Century.   On Facebook sometime due to so many people looking at bringing back lost and renewed skills to society.

In today's society we appear to live in a world that where the mind set is to be a throw away culture and most items are single use.

Due to the fast pace of life that we all live now we never really have time to stop and focus on what it important.

Over the last 11 weeks with the lock down due to Covid 19 a lot of things have changed.

In some ways time as come to a stop and so as any real future plans that people have made.

At this moment in time we all seam to be living for the here and now.

But where do we go from here?

When we are not living from day to day and from the here and now?

When I think about this there are a few things that I think about and that is the song "where do I from  here?"  and the film "Up I the Air."

At the moment a lot of things have changed and few have lost almost a whole generation of people that still may have had skills that could have been passed on to the younger generations.

All of the stories that would have been lost and the practical skills which is one of the reasons why I set up this group.

No one can ever really know when they die but what you chose to do with your life can make a difference to those around you.

I would not like any one to live each day like it was their last of plan to far a head into the future.

But I so believe that some kind of plan or legacy that you may wish to one day leave behind is important.

When we are younger we are encouraged to plant our future and a school they ask you to write things down like where do you see your self in five years time.?

When I was younger I thought I know everything but now I know that I know very little.

If any one was to ask me that question now I would say "Alive."

The I think of the film "Spanglish."

So now I live my life and I live it for my children.

So what do you live your life for??










No comments:

Post a Comment